Hawkins Organic are proud to be supporting and following Alex Hardwick.
Alex's career is going from strength to strength and at 23 years old has already won a number of advanced dressage competitions and is tipped to be one of the next British dressage superstars, with her focus firmly on achieving a place to represent team GB at the Olympic Games in Rio 2016.
Alex Hardwick in her own words
I’m 23 and my passion is horses. I live, breath and sleep them; so living with horse just outside my back door is perfect. I have been around horses all my life and couldn’t image doing anything else.
I am a key part of the running our family stable/training yard Hallingbury Hall which is near a town called Bishops Stortford in Hertfordshire. I am involved in all aspects of the yard, caring for the horses, teaching customers, training our staff and making a happy environment for everyone.
I have owned all my horses from 3 year olds and have had such fun training them up the levels, its been a journey of a life time and I never want it to end.
Trophy Cabinet - to date
- Won two national championship titles
- Won three reserve national championship titles
- Won ten regional titles
- Won an International title in Biarritz CDI3* Young rider section in 2012
- Successfully competed for Great Britain on many occasions
- A member of the British 2012 Young Rider European team who came 4th in Switzerland
- A member of part of the World Class development program, which a program for 18 selected young riders from all over the country, preparing us for the Olympics Games
- British Dressage Young Professional of the year 2012
Goals for the future
- To compete as part of the British Team at the Olympics
- By the end of the year I aim to be competing successfully at International under 25’s and Senior Grand Prix
- One of my top aims is to have all my horses happy and willing to work
Below are three interviews/training sessions I filmed with an up and coming online horse website called Equestrian World Media.
What does Alex think of the Hawkins Organic Range ?
At last, an organic product range for my horses that I can feel good about and produces great results.
I have been using these products and my favourites so far are; Best In Show shampoo and Best Hoof Forward hoof oil.
All of the products smell incredible; the essential oils with antibacterial and cleansing properties have done wonders for my horses’ skin and coats. One of my boys suffers with very sensitive skin and easily gets a bit scabby. Within a week, after using the Best In Show shampoo, his skin was scab free and so much softer.
I highly recommend Hawkins Organic for anyone who really cares about their horse!
Come back here to get updates on Alex's career.
Badminton young 4&5 year old, at Norton Heath. Sat 21st June
Hickstead premier league 25-27th June
Hartpury premier league 9-10th July
Keysoe Regionals 2-3rd August
Addington Regionals 9-10th August
British dressage national championships 18-21st September
Biarrtiz CDI (an international event) 2--26th October
Roosendal CDI (an international event) 3-7th December
For details of Hallingbury Hall - http://www.hallingburyhall.com/